“The #1 priority of the federal government is to ensure America’s safety and security from those who might otherwise seek to harm her or destroy our way of life. I am a strong supporter of the axiom “Peace through Strength” and will support the use of military power whenever U.S. national interests are threatened.”
- “Peace through Strength” is the best manner in which to achieve and maintain peaceful international relations. U.S. adversaries must never question, even for a moment, our military strength and our resolve to use it when threatened.
- Placing U.S. troops in harm’s way and the expenditure of American treasure should only be considered when U.S. national interests are directly threatened.
- Clear entry and exit strategy must be established prior to entering any engagement.
- Congress must exercise its clear Constitutional authority to declare war before any long-term commitment of troops and materiel, beyond that which is authorized under the War Powers Act.
- Following a Declaration of War, all public debate within Congress on the strategies, resources, and timing used to win that war must cease, eliminating the politicization of the effort and unnecessary risks placed upon our fighting men and women.
- Once a Declaration of War has been made, all energies of the Nation will be directed to ensure a swift and total victory.
- Defense of the homeland and our way of life is the responsibility of all able-bodied American men and women. Mandatory service, with few exceptions, will accompany any formal Declaration of War.
- We must stand by our friends around the globe who share our commitment to democracy and the protection of our inalienable rights…”an attack upon one is an attack upon all”